Should You Hire a Worker’s Compensation Attorney in Orlando or Not?Vaughan Law Group
Orlando, FL – So you just got yourself injured at work. While the physical pain may be something to worry about, financial issues should be your concern right now. You will be covered by a worker’s compensation program. While you can make a claim yourself and deal with the legalities, there are some situations in which hiring a worker’s compensation attorney in Orlando is a better choice.
When Should You Hire a Worker’s Compensation Attorney in Orlando
Should any of the following be true, we suggest that you should hire a worker’s compensation attorney in Orlando right away.
- Your injuries are severe and cannot be treated until a surgery is performed.
- Your workplace injuries are somewhere between moderate and severe, and your doctor is not hopeful that you will return to your previous health once the surgeries have been performed. In this case, you will receive the permanent partial disability benefit.
- You have been impacted by your injuries to such an extent that you feel you will not be able to have any sort of regular job in the future.
- You cannot return to your current employer because your health does not allow you to. Still, you are hopeful that you will be able to work in some other capacity that is less demanding.
- Your injuries have made you permanently disabled.
- You employer or their insurance company has refused to offer you a workers’ compensation benefit or has made some other decision, with which you are not satisfied.
- You think that the benefits you have been awarded are not correct.
- You feel you can receive even more benefits than those you are receiving right now.
- Your employer has not acted on the decision made by a workers’ comp division in your state.
- You do not have a lot of information or understanding of worker’s compensation benefits.
In all the above situations, you should go ahead and hire worker’s compensation attorney in Orlando without any second thoughts. Doing so will simplify the process for you.
When Should You Not Hire a Worker’s Compensation Attorney in Orlando
There are also some situations in which you can do without a worker’s compensation attorney in Orlando.
- Your injuries are minor and you will be able to return to work in a couple of days.
- Your injury is moderate, but it neither requires surgery nor makes you temporary or permanently disabled.
If You Have to Hire a Worker’s Compensation Attorney in Orlando
Most attorneys in Orlando offer a free consultation session, which lasts around 40 minutes on an average. In this time, they will go through your case and decide if you need their services or not. If they determine you will not need their services, they will probably not take your case. On the other hand, if you do require their services, they will represent you and handle all the formalities for you.