Auto Accidents By Uninsured Drivers In FloridaOrlando Legal News
When you get into an accident it is stressful enough. To find out the other party doesn’t have car insurance can put an added layer of stress that may seem like you have an insurmountable mountain to climb to cover the costs of the damages. No one ever gets into their car and hits the road believing they will get into an accident and even the safest driver can still get in a tangle. The thing to remember is to keep calm and contact an Orlando car accident attorney as soon as possible so you can begin the process of defining a plan for obtaining coverage for your injuries and property damages.
What Steps Should You Take After An Accident With A Negligent Party That Has No Insurance
Even when you have been in an accident with a person who doesn’t have sufficient insurance coverage or any insurance coverage at all, the steps you should take are still the same.
- Make sure to call the police to get an official report. Staying at the scene of the crash and giving your statement to law enforcement is an important step in documenting your accident and will help with your claim.
- Exchange all information such as names, addresses, phone numbers, the information of the owner of the vehicle in the accident, insurance policy name (if applicable), number of the insurance company, policy holder’s name, the car’s information such as model, make and VIN number.
- Speak to witnesses and ask if they would give you their contact information to make a statement of the accident.
- Take as many photos as you can about the damage to the car, the environment, the position of the cars, debris on the road, the more pictures you take the better.
- See a doctor about any injuries and keep all receipts and dates of appointments.
- Contact an Orlando personal injury attorney to pursue filing a claim. There are time limits for filing your claim and you want to maximize your ability to obtain the most compensation for your damages as possible.
When the negligent driver that hits you has no insurance there are a couple of things to understand.
- File a claim with your insurance company for the maximum limit of your coverage
- Tell your insurance provider that you are going to be fining an uninsured or underinsured claim as soon as possible because you may not have much time to start the process. In many cases, the filing deadlines for these types of incidents is just 30 days.
- Be prepared for pre-trial investigations that will access your medical records and question witnesses. In some cases, victims who were wronged by uninsured drivers have had to file a lawsuit against their own insurance company.
Finding Legal Help After A Car Accident In Florida
Finding your full legal justice after an accident that was not your fault and with another party who does not have insurance is a highly complicated process. You don’t have to navigate the tricky legal battle alone. The Florida personal injury attorneys at the Vaughan Law Group will advise you on the best path forward and fight on your behalf so that you increase your chances for gain in your much-needed compensation.
Call the Vaughan Law Group’s team of Orlando serious injury attorneys at (407) 648-1426 to speak with a legal professional during a free consultation today.