What Are Head Injuries?Orlando Legal News
Head injuries are very common and they can result from many situations. These damages can be so severe they cause victims to have permanent disabilities and in many cases result in death. Head injuries can mean anything from cuts and scrapes on the head to fractured bones and brain damage. If you sustained a head injury as a result of a Flordia traffic accident or any other injury accident that was caused by the negligence of another party, call the Florida personal injury attorneys at the Vaughan Law Group.
The Florida serious injury attorneys at the Vaughan Law Group have over 30 years of advocating for victim’s rights and justice. The attorneys at the Vaughan Law Group are well known and respected in Orlando for their impactful support of victims. You are entitled to obtaining compensation for your losses and the harm you incurred after your Florida traffic accident and the Vaughan Law Group will help you with your Florida personal injury claim.
What are the Different Types of Head Injuries?
Force and impact to the head can lead to trauma. Some types of head injuries include:
- Concussions cause damage to the brain which can make a person feel confused and lose consciousness.
- Skull fractures are when the bones in the head are broken. Linear fractures won’t cause movement to the bones. Depressed fractures actually cause the bones in the skull to fall into the head cavity. Diastatic fractures occur at the points where the skull bones fuse together. Basilar fractures are incredibly serious and they occur when the bones at the base of the skull are destroyed.
- Intracranial hematomas are blood clots in the brain itself or around the brain.
- Diffuse axonal injury happens when lesions are all over the brain tissue.
When a victim of a Florida injury accident seeks medical treatment and diagnosis, there are several ways and tests that are used to make a correct determination of what type of head injury exists. Some of the diagnostic tests that are used include:
- Blood tests
- CT and CAT scans
In addition to diagnostic tests, physical examinations are also completed. These tests are not cheap and a victim who must undergo diagnostic after an accident that was caused by a negligent party should not be burdened with the responsibility of paying for them. These costs will be included in an Orlando personal injury claim.
Not only are diagnostic tests expensive but the treatment can also be quite pricey. The treatment route that you are prescribed will depend on a number of factors such as:
- Your age
- The condition of your health
- Your medical history
- Type and severity of your injury
- Your preference
Speak with a Florida Head Injury Attorney Today
Victims of head injuries can have a long and painful road working towards recovery and depending on their injuries may never fully recover to what they once were before their accident. The Orlando personal injury attorneys, at the Vaughan Law Group, are here to help victims of injury accidents in Florida. Please call the Florida injury accident attorneys at the Vaughan Law Group today at (407) 648-1426 to schedule your free consultation.